What's In This Article?
- What Are Car Hauling Mile Rates?
- How to Reduce Car Shipping Costs?
- Additional Automobile Transport Fees
- Average Car Shipping Costs by Transport Type
- How Do I Get A Car Transport Quote
- Car Shipping Costs by Carrier Type
- What Can You Expect from Rapid Auto Shipping for Car Transport?
Distance is the main element affecting car shipping costs nationwide. A large SUV in an enclosed carrier car shipping costs far more than a sedan in an open carrier. Other factors include:
Shipping a big minivan car shipping costs roughly twice as much as a compact car.
Door-delivery service in a rural location will be expensive. You can save money by leaving your car at a central transport hub and picking it up at another.
Winter savings are larger for budget-conscious shoppers due to lower shipping demand. Due to weather, delivery may take longer.
Transporting a car across the country through a shipping service may require several weeks. In situations where time is crucial, it is possible to obtain rush services, albeit at additional car shipping costs.
The best vehicle shipping deal can be found by following a few simple steps. Our greatest car shipping advice:
Book ahead of time:
Auto transport carriers should have enough time to bid on your job. Booking early boosts your chances of getting a reduced rate.
Using open transportation:
Open car shipment is common for most customers. If you don't require the additional protection that comes with enclosed auto transport for a high-value vehicle, opting for an open carrier is likely to result in lower car shipping costs.
Shipping to and from a terminal
Shipping to and from a central location is less expensive than opting for door to door service. Opting for your car to be picked up and delivered to a shipping terminal is a convenient method to lower your car shipping costs.
There are a few items to consider while looking for the cheapest car shipping charges. Listed below are optional services and car shipping costs that you may wish to add to your auto transport or avoid.
Carriers must maintain minimum liability coverage. The bulk of auto transport firms charge extra for void coverage.
Fee for expedited shipping:
Vehicles can be shipped quickly with expedited delivery. Most auto transport companies offer expedited shipping, but the additional car shipping costs are associated with faster service.
You must dispatch your vehicle after booking your carrier, and cancellation will cost you. Fees vary depending on providers.
The car shipping industry utilizes three primary types of transport trucks, namely open, enclosed, and flatbed.
Open transport trucks are the cheapest way to transport cars. Opting for enclosed transport for the same car and route can result in an additional cost of $400 to $500 compared to open transport.
It is worth noting that most car owners tend to favor open transport carriers. The "premium" delivery option is offered for exotic, classic, luxury, and custom car owners like:
- People who need to carry their everyday automobile should use public transport.
- Vehicles with high value and low usage should be transported enclosed.
- Cars are loaded and unloaded by open transport truck drivers, although enclosed trailers use liftgate lifts. Cars can be loaded and unloaded from trucks without being driven, reducing damage.
- Flatbed transportation is a service that can be requested as needed and is intended for vehicles that are too heavy or large to fit on a regular open or enclosed trailer.
- Heavy equipment or vehicles that have been heavily modified are best for this.
Several methods exist for calculating car shipping costs. Contact us or check the company's website for vehicle delivery rates. Tell us if you require an expedited vehicle pick-up.
The following information is needed to get the most accurate and current vehicle shipment estimate:
- Place of vehicle pick-up and dispatch
- preference for car transport (open or enclosed trailer)
- Year, make, and model of the vehicle (ensures availability of the required conveyance trailer capacity).
- Status operational (can be driven forward and backward and has rudimentary steering for vehicle loading and unloading)
- Earliest scheduled automobile pick-up date
Open shipping is $328 less than enclosed shipping for 1,500 miles or less. According to our industry survey, enclosed auto freight is much more expensive.
In the following sections, we will compare the average cost of open and enclosed auto transport to show the price difference.
Cost of Shipping an Open Car
Our assessment group collected data on the average cost of open conveyance for a 1,504-mile shipment. The average price was $1,472 or $0.98 per mile, ranging from $1,110 to $1,885.
Cost of Enclosed Car Transport
Our analysis shows enclosed shipping charges from $1,414 to $2,085, averaging $1,800, or $1.20 per mile. Enclosed transportation protects expensive automobiles from weather and road risks, thus it costs more.
Rapid Auto Shipping offers the following services:
- Rapid Auto Transport's car shipment price tool provides accurate quotes. The website offers immediate car shipping quotes.
- Once a car transport quote is provided with a price to move a car, it will remain unchanged unless there is a change in the customer's requirements or the market conditions.
- Rapid Auto Shipping has the advantage of having access to a vast network of auto carriers.
This helps them find drivers who can ship cars at the estimated cost.