What's In This Article?
- What Is Car Shipping?
- What Are The Types Of Auto Transport?
- What Are The Types Of Car Shipping Options?
- How To Find A Trustworthy Auto Transport Company?
- Why You Need To Ship Your Car?
- Cost Of Car Shipping:
- Which Is The Safest Way To Ship A Car?
- How To Prepare A Car For Shipping?
- How Auto Transportation Company Works?
Car shipping is transporting or moving a car from one place to another or across the country. Auto transportation company have their experienced and professional team. They use special carriers to ship your car. It doesn't matter whether you are shipping over a short distance or long distance. They will load and ship your car securely. When you hire a transport company, you have multiple advantages. For example, you need not drive it by yourself, and it will save time and money.
Car shipping companies usually provide two carrier transport services: open and enclosed car transport. Open car transport is cost-effective and beneficial, while enclosed car transport is expensive.
Open Car Transport
Open car transport is the type of carrier where your car is loaded in an open-air trailer and will be shipped in this. Your vehicle will come in contact with external elements, and seasonal conditions like rain, storms, etc., and there may be a risk of damage. This open car transport does not require advance booking. It is the most common and cheapest method of car transportation. Here, this open car transport also offers a multi-level carrier, and you can ship more than two vehicles.
Enclosed Car Transport
In an enclosed car transport, your car will be loaded into a closed container, and the main advantage of the enclosed car transport is that it offers extra protection to your vehicle. It is more expensive than the open car transport. It is mostly used by those who need to ship their classic car, sports car, etc. You need not worry about your vehicle. It will load and ship your car safely.
The Two main car shipping options are door to door and terminal to terminal car shipping. Auto transport companies have door to door, terminal to terminal shipping options for those who want to ship their car within the country, and they also have door to port and port to door options for those who want to ship their car to regions like Hawaii or to some other island.
Door to Door Shipping
Door to Door shipping is an easy and convenient car shipping option. In this, you have to give a specific address to us, and our driver will come to your doorstep to pick up and drop off your car. This will save time, and you do not need to go to the terminal point. So you can just sit and relax; our driver will deliver your car to your doorstep.
Terminal to Terminal Shipping
If you want to save money, choose this terminal to terminal car shipping option. Your car will be delivered from one terminal to another. Here, you must go to the designated terminal to ship and collect your car. It needs extra effort and consumes your time.
One of the most important things is to find a reliable and reputable auto transportation company for your car shipping needs. Here, we have shared the key points that will surely help you find a legitimate car shipping company.
- Research the company, verify its registration number, and check whether they are government-authorised or not.
- Visit their website and look for their service terms and policies. Verify their contact details and verify their address.
- Do not rely on one company. Look for other companies also, ask for the shipping quotes, compare their quote, and select the best one.
- Do not give any advance deposits, and verify their payment options.
- Check their insurance coverage, read the contract carefully, and then sign. You have to ask for a written copy of the auto-shipping contract.
There are multiple reasons for shipping your car from an auto transportation company. We have explained everything to know why car shipping companies are important for car transportation.
- Driving a car by yourself for a long distance is not possible. It will consume your time, fuel, and accommodation costs, so you can hire a car shipping company rather than driving. It will save you time as well as money.
- Long-distance road trips are not easy. You may stuck in traffic or face other difficulties during the journey. Auto transportation companies have professional and experienced drivers who know which routes are best for transportation.
- If you have more than one vehicle, it is impossible to drive it by yourself, so in that situation, you can use auto transportation services to ship all vehicles simultaneously.
- You can transport and ship your vehicle at any time and from anywhere. You just need to book for the shipment.
- Shipping costs are affordable and provide extra protection to your vehicle.
The cost of car shipping depends on several factors, such as seasonal and climatic conditions, shipping cost, vehicle type, etc. Usually, the shipping cost depends on the distance between the pickup and delivery locations. The seasonal condition also affects the cost of shipping. If you are transporting your car during the public holidays or in summer when car shipping demands are high, then the shipping cost will increase. If you are transporting your vehicle to rural areas, it will cost more because there are few routes for auto transportation, and the driver has to find another shipping route. It will increase the driver's trip and will cost fuel consumption. Then, it will automatically increase the cost of the shipping.
Open car transport is the cheapest shipping method, but if money is your concern, you can choose open car transport. The security of your car will be less because it is loaded into an open trailer, and if you are looking for the safety of or you want to ship your luxury or sports car, then you should select the enclosed car transport.it is more expensive than open car transport, but it will transport your car with the utmost car.
Many of them may think of how they need to prepare your car for shipping, and here we have mentioned some of the important points that will help you in the shipment of a car and make your shipment hassle-free.
- You should have to clean the car before you ship, so wash your car carefully and remove all your personal belongings, like any documents, from inside the car.
- Check out all the necessary things, like your car is running in good condition, battery, etc., and reduce your car's fuel level up to 1/4th. Check and maintain your car properly. Disable car alarms and check the tires.
- Take photographs of your car before loading and notice any damage, like any scratches, brakes, etc., to ensure the safety of your car. Keep these photographs safe at the time of delivery. You can inspect, notice, and observe if any damage happens and ensure the car is in its pristine condition or not.
- Prepare all the necessary documents related to the shipping before the shipment itself to avoid any stress during the shipment.
- Check for the insurance coverage policy because auto transportation companies provide insurance to their customers if any damage happens, and they will not be responsible for the damage due to natural calamities.
The Internet has made everything easy and convenient, but you must research the company and its services to ship your valuable car. We have listed below the step-by-step process that how the shipping company works and how you can book your shipment easily.
- Once you have chosen your car shipping company, the next is to visit their website and fill out the form with the details required for car shipment.
- Most companies provide instant auto-shipping quotes. Once the user filled the details, they will give you the quote. Submit your form, explain your requirements to their team, and get your customised car shipping quote.
- Choose the right carrier type and shipping option as per your budget and vehicle requirements.
- Before you ship your car, verify their payment method, and do not deposit any advance before you sign the contract. Read it carefully and keep a copy of a signed contract with you.
- Maintain proper and professional communication with the team and the company. Most of the companies provide tracking services to their customers. So, you have to ask for the live location of your car to stay updated.
- When the driver reaches your address, before the payment, inspect your car carefully to ensure safety and to check for any damage to your car.