What's In This Article?
Between California and Georgia, there are more than 2,000 miles and more than 3,000 miles between northern California and Maine.
Costs are generally determined by the mileage. Rapid Auto Shipping estimates that you will have to pay:
- Distance under 500 miles will cost about $1.96 per mile.
- For distances between 500 and 1,500 miles, the price is 93 cents per mile.
- For more than 1500 miles, 58 cents per mile will be charged.
Even though there are some little things that you can do about the high cost of country shipping, there are many ways to cut auto transportation costs. Here, we mentioned some additional ways to reduce auto shipping costs in comparison to quotes from various companies.
Use cash instead of a credit card:
Paying with a credit card is way more convenient and trustworthy, but some other car shipping companies provide discounts to cash payment options in your overall cost of the shipment.
When you are obtaining quotes from different companies, you should compare the prices for cash and credit side by side.
Terminal to terminal shipping:
Well, all companies provide terminal to terminal car delivery service, but it is always more cost-effective to drive your car out of a shipping company terminal. You can avail of this service if you reside in a rural area.
Advance reservation of car shipments can reduce your car shipping cost; you can save more if you ship your vehicle in late autumn or early spring. By scheduling your shipment two weeks before the date of shipping, you can avoid expedited shipping's extra charges.
Types of shipping for average cost to ship a car
Here at Rapid Auto Shipping, our expert will assist you in determining the best selection for your car mode of transportation.
Open air transport:
Open air transport is very common among shippers all over the US States. Shipping a car in an open carrier is more affordable and convenient in comparison to an enclosed carrier.
Open air transport carriers have an average capacity of 8-10 vehicles at once.
Enclosed auto transport:
The price of enclosed auto transport is 40% higher than open auto transport. This method is best for luxury vehicles, customized vehicles, or transporting a motorsport vehicle.
The main objective of enclosed auto transport is to protect the vehicle from climatic problems and road debris.
Expedited auto transport:
Urgent shipping of your vehicles will definitely cost more than usual. Auto shipping companies have to adjust their schedule or make sudden changes in their plans, for which they demand more money.
The driver has to drive day and night with minimal breaks.
Door to door auto transport service:
When you opt for a door to door auto transport service, your vehicle will be picked up and dropped off at your home or any close location to your home.
Many cities have restricted large vehicles from entering residential areas. If the driver faces difficulty in accessing your home due to narrow streets, speed bumps, right curves, etc., they will ask you to meet them at a nearby area that is spacious, for example, a grocery store.
Terminal to terminal auto shipping service:
Terminal to terminal auto shipping is less common than door to door auto shipping, but it still remains an essential aspect of the industry today.
Heavy equipment transportation:
Special considerations are required for large vehicles like cumbersome, heavy machinery, and commercial or industrial vehicles with special equipment. Because stacking them on the back of a car or lifting them into small enclosed carriers is impossible.
- We are in the top-notch companies who offer various auto transport services. For example, every driver of Rapid Auto Shipping has a clean driving record, and it is in good standing with the Department of Transportation (DOT) and the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), which results in a damage rate among the lowest in the transportation sector.
- We will collect a deposit once your car is in the delivery transport. And the rest of the amount will be paid after the delivery.
- We offer various payment methods to many Fortune 500 companies, including ACH, WIRE, NET -30, and NET -60. Nad others.
- We understand the needs of our customers, such as those related to height, weight, clearance, and operability. Our professionals listen to the customer very carefully.
- We have a stellar reputation for offering the most affordable and professional shipping services. Just have a look at our five-star rating reviews.
The average cost to ship a car by distance
Please note that long-route delivery will charge more for fuel and more. The cost of shipping the same vehicle but to different locations will show you how distance affects the price of transportation.
Use our instant quote calculator to determine your average cost to ship a car.
Gives a live tracking facility
Rapid Auto Shipping gives you the facility of tracking your vehicle via phone or e-mail as well. We are always ready to answer any inquiries you have.